[tek-nol-uh-jee]

Rescuing data from a damaged Windows HDD pt.II

When I did and wrote the first post I did not know of ddrescue.

And it worked like a walk in the park, it just took eight and a half hours…

/tmp # ddrescue -d -r3 /dev/sdd2 blah.img blah.logfile
GNU ddrescue 1.21
Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
     ipos:  113173 MB, non-trimmed:        0 B,  current rate:       0 B/s
     opos:  113173 MB, non-scraped:        0 B,  average rate:   5280 kB/s
non-tried:        0 B,     errsize:    1362 kB,      run time:  8h 28m  5s
  rescued:  160990 MB,      errors:     1259,  remaining time:         n/a
percent rescued:  99.99%      time since last successful read:      1m  6s
Finished

Just 1362kB couldn’t be recovered. Everything of importance could be viewed/retrieved. Perfect.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *